|Condition:||Grade B - Click for more info.|
|Battery Life:||80%+ Original Manufacture Capacity - Click for more info.|
|Processor:||Dual Core i5 1.8GHz|
|Memory (RAM):||4GB (1600MHz)|
|Storage:||128GB Flash SSD|
|Graphics:||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Screen:||13" Widescreen (1440x900)|
|Operating System:||macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Warranty:||1 Year Warranty - Click for more info.|
|Delivery Time:||Next Day Delivery (48Hr Dispatch) - Click for more info.|
Out of stock
This MacBook Pro is ASD tested and refurbished by our own in house Apple Certified Technician (ACMT) to make sure that it will work straight out of the box.
It is supplied loaded with a fresh installation of the Apple macOS High Sierra and also comes with a free 12 month warranty which covers both parts and labour, for extra piece of mind.
All purchases from MacBank are supplied including 20% VAT in the price – invoice supplied with every purchase.
Apple MacBook Air 13″ – Dual Core i5 1.8GHz – 4GB/128GB – MD231LL/A – Design release 2012
- Even at less than an inch thin, MacBook Air sets a pretty high standard — by making flash storage standard. Flash chips are very small, allowing MacBook Air to be incredibly thin and light. Flash is also solid state, meaning there are no moving parts. Which makes it reliable, durable, and quiet. And because Apple placed the flash chips directly on the logic board, they take up much less space — about 90 percent less, in fact. That creates room for other important things, like a bigger battery. So you have a notebook that weighs almost nothing and runs for hours on a single charge. That’s mobility mastered
- The Best Way to Multi Touch on a Notebook
- Multi-Touch technology is part of practically every Apple product. It’s the best and most personal way to interact with your devices. And the optimal way to experience Multi-Touch on a notebook is through a trackpad. That’s precisely the case with MacBook Air. The trackpad’s spacious, all-glass surface doesn’t have a button because the whole thing is the button. And with Multi-Touch gestures, you can interact with MacBook Air in ways that feel more intuitive and realistic than ever before
- See Your QWERTY in Lights
- Anyone can try to make a notebook that’s thin and light. Success comes in doing it without cutting corners. That’s why MacBook Air features a full-size keyboard, not a condensed version of what you’re used to. When you type on the MacBook Air, it’s just as comfortable as typing on a desktop keyboard. And now the keyboard is backlit, so you can type comfortably even in low-light conditions. A built-in sensor detects changes in the ambient lighting and adjusts the keyboard and display brightness automatically, giving you the perfect illumination in any environment
- A Battery That Can Get You Through the Day. And the Month
- If you looked inside MacBook Air, you’d see something remarkable: how much space is devoted to the battery. That’s thanks to smaller components such as flash storage. And when the goal is to design the perfect notebook for everyday use, giving priority to the battery just makes sense. Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than an hour, and it enters what’s called standby mode. That means you can come back to MacBook Air a day, a week — even up to an entire month later — and it wakes in an instant. Time is on your side, courtesy of MacBook Air
- A Thing of Beauty. And Durability
- MacBook Air features a unibody design for both the main enclosure and the display. Unibody construction means a higher-precision, less complex design with fewer parts. And that translates to a notebook that’s exceptionally thin and light, yet durable enough to handle the rigors of everyday use
- FaceTime Camera
- Make video calls with a built-in FaceTime camera that’s even smaller than the one inside iPhone 4
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 Ports
- With the lightning-fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that’s not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3.0 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3.0 devices and access a pipeline that’s up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation
- All-Flash Storage
- Devices like iPhone and iPad have already demonstrated the advantages of flash storage: reliability, speed, and efficiency. So the decision to use flash storage in an ultracompact notebook like MacBook Air made perfect sense. With flash, your computer starts up in almost no time and accesses data quickly. Flash also gives MacBook Air the astonishing ability to remain in standby mode for up to 30 days. Which means your MacBook Air snaps to in an instant, whether you open it tomorrow, next week, or next month
- Backlit Keyboard
- As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And now the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny café, to a seat on a cross-country red-eye, you’ll always have the perfect lighting for any environment
- Multi-Touch Trackpad
- The Multi-Touch gestures in OS X make everything you do on MacBook Air more intuitive, direct, and fun. And the spacious Multi-Touch trackpad is perfectly designed for them, whether it’s a three-finger swipe to activate Mission Control or a four-finger pinch to see all your apps in Launchpad. Gesture responses are smooth and realistic. So when you’re scrolling up and down a web page or swiping from one full-screen app to another, it’s almost like you’re touching what you’re seeing
- High-Resolution Display. Millions of Pixels. Millimeters Thin
- Corner to corner and pixel by pixel, the MacBook Air display is both an engineering feat and a design breakthrough. The display measures a mere 0.19″ (4.86mm) thin, yet the resolution is so high, you’ll feel like you’re looking at a much larger screen. And with good reason
- FaceTime Camera. Your Smile Goes for Miles
- The wafer-thin MacBook Air display houses something pretty huge: the FaceTime camera. Using the FaceTime for Mac app, you can make video calls with anyone who has a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or a camera-equipped iPod touch
- Stereo Speakers. Heard but Not Seen
- Despite its compact form, MacBook Air delivers full stereo sound. Space-efficient design inside the enclosure allows for the placement of left and right speakers that project sound through the keyboard. So you’re able to enjoy a richer audio experience while chatting online, watching TV shows, listening to music, or playing games
- Long-Lasting Battery
- Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos, and watching videos. You’ll get up to 7 hours of battery life on a single charge. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. When you come back to your MacBook Air and open it up, it’s on in an instant
- When you’re wireless, you’re truly mobile. That’s why MacBook Air features 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 technology. Wireless connectivity allows you to browse the web, send e-mail, and print documents no matter where you are. MacBook Air weighs almost nothing, so you can go from room to room, dorm to dorm, or cubicle to cubicle and stay connected. Being wireless also means you can download apps from the Mac App Store anytime you want. With thousands of Mac apps available for download with just a few clicks, you don’t have to bother with going to the store to buy software on disc or worry about a growing pile of CDs and DVDs. Apps download instantly right on your Mac. If plugged in is what you want to be, MacBook Air has you covered there, too. Two USB 3.0 ports, an SD card slot, and a headphone port give you plenty of options. And the Thunderbolt port connects to the Apple Thunderbolt Display and high-speed Thunderbolt peripherals such as external hard drives.
- Ivy Bridge Intel Core Performance
- The MacBook Air features the 1.8GHz Intel Core i5 Intel processor. Along with fast DDR3 memory, the MacBook Air is able to multitask smoothly and seamlessly. MacBook Air also features the Intel HD Graphics 4000, which includes an on-chip engine for video encoding and decoding. That means you experience video playback and FaceTime calls that are smoother, more responsive, and more true to life
- All-Flash Storage
- “Wow, that was fast.” With MacBook Air, you’ll find yourself saying that a lot. Because flash storage is up to two times faster than a conventional hard drive, everything you do is more responsive and immediate — starting up, browsing a large photo library, launching applications, and opening files, for instance. When you combine the speed of flash storage with a fast dual-core processor and power-efficient graphics, your entire MacBook Air experience feels turbocharged. And flash storage doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a notebook tasked with keeping up with you.
Battery Life & Condition
During the assessment stage of our system we use a measure we call the 80% rule. This rule is our boundary for battery replacement. Our technicians look at the full charge capacity of the laptop vs the design capacity as well as cycle count. If this falls below what we regard as less than 80% of the original battery life we fit the system with brand new battery.
How long will my battery last?
We anticipate that the minimum battery life of your system will be above 5h of general usage.
Please note this is not guaranteed as all users use their laptops in different ways. This figure is an average taken using a wide range of systems from different years.
Systems classified as grade A we regard as being as good as new. These systems show only the minor signs of use on the external casing. All screens are checked and free of any inconsistencies or imperfections.
Our B grade condition systems will include minor visible cosmetic wear. This could include cosmetic imperfections such as scratches, scuffs or dents to the body. None of the issues interfere with the functionality of the system.
Anything we consider as grade C has clearly visible cosmetic wear. This includes deeper scratches and/or dents in the casing. Screens may also include imperfections such as dead pixels or blemishes and if applicable this is clearly stated.
If you’re budget conscious a C grade system can be the ideal solution for those looking to save and still have all the benefits and functionality of the Mac.
All systems provided come in 100% full working order and with our industry leading warranty. The conditions we describe below are only in relation to the cosmetic appearance of our machines. We never supply systems with technical faults unless clearly stated in the condition description. When pricing a system the condition grade is an attributing factor and a reduction of price will be seen on lower grades.
How much memory do I need?
Memory or ‘RAM’ is the short-term memory of your computer. Anything currently running on the computer will be using your RAM. Every safari page, word document and mail application uses a small amount. More advanced users who use professional applications will require more RAM.
Here is what we recommend:
How much storage do I need?
The amount of storage you need depends on what you plan on storing on your system. For non-professional users, we recommend 500GB as a healthy amount. Having a good amount of storage allows for plenty of space for photos, videos, documents and other data you will collect over the lifetime of the system. If you’re not an avid user of your computer, then 250-320GB can be all you need.
For professional users, we recommend increasing that amount. Once you start loading your music, samples, photos and videos, you can find that your drive will fill up fairly quickly if you’re not careful. Not to mention when you start creating projects, producing or editing and you add all the data associated. At minimum 500GB is recommend and if budget allows 1TB is ideal. In certain cases more may be necessary, if you’re not sure please contact our team.
What is an SSD?
An SSD or solid state drive is the next generation in storage. They are twice the speed of a conventional HDD (Hard Disk Drive). They also contain no moving parts and are therefore safer and less likely to fail.
Why you would pick an SSD over a HDD;
- – Faster load time of the system and files.
- – High bandwidth (Allows you too load more at once).
- – More responsive system (Applications will load quicker and perform actions faster).
Why you would pick a HDD over an SSD;
- – More cost effective (SSDs can be expensive, especially at higher volumes).
- – Larger sizes (You can get much larger HDDs than you can SSDs).
- – Speed is not required (If you only use your computer for basic functions such as email or watching films the speed isn’t needed).
All of our items include our industry-leading warranty with exclusive access to our support centre. With a myriad of warranty benefits your never more than a phone call away from your technical issues being solved.
The MacBank Protection Plan for your Apple Mac includes three years of hardware & software technical support as well as further service options from our in-house team.
With your purchase of our Protection Plan, you are only ever one phone call away from a trained technician ready to answer questions about your Apple Mac. As a Protection Plan customer, you’ll get priority access to our helpdesk of Apple Certified technicians.
|Standard Warranty||Protection Plan|
|Term||1 Year (unless otherwise stated).||3 Years|
|Costs||Included with your purchase.||From £99|
|Support||The warranty includes technical support from our experience Apple certified team.|
If a problem arises with your product, please contact our customer service department, and they will ensure your issue is dealt with swiftly.
|Our protection plan includes priority access to Apple Certified Experts via phone, email, live chat and internet remote access support via a secure connection.|
|Hardware & Software||If a problem occurs with your hardware or software using our collect & return service we can efficiently repair your system and return to you ready to go. If your system cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a comparable system. Repairs are performed on-site using genuine parts & software.||Your priority status continues, and your repairs are fast-tracked into our repair centre and completed first.|
|Not included||Shipping costs for repairs, packaging costs incurred by you, software installation costs, data recovery costs, data loss, water damage, fall damage and any other type of damage caused by you.||Our protection plan covers the courier cost of your first claim.|
|Details||Click here for terms and conditions.||For details about our Protection Plan click here.|
About our warranty:
These MacBank items includes our FREE 12 month return to base warranty, phone, email and remote support (If applicable) via our secure high speed internet connection.
Our warranty covers all of the components in our Mac systems, if one should fail, we will endeavour to replace or repair it at your convenience.More Info
RTB Hardware Warranty
All refurbished equipment that MacRefresh Ltd sell is covered by our standard free RTB (Return To Base) Warranty. The length of your warranty is available on the product information page and is also clearly referenced on delivery paperwork.
Should you encounter any hardware problems, please contact our Technical Support team by either calling +44 (0) 1473 551221 or by emailing email@example.com
Please have your item serial number and your Invoice or Order Reference number to hand when calling or include these details in any email correspondence.
Under this warranty, MacRefresh Ltd will either repair, give a replacement of equivalent quality or refund the buyer for any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty materials or by poor workmanship, provided that:
- You must first obtain a returns reference number by calling Technical Support. Goods returned without a valid returns number will be rejected.
- Our Return to Base warranty warrants the machine to the purchaser, against defects in materials and workmanship for the period advertised on each individual machine, beginning on the date of purchase by the customer.
- Under a return to base warranty the purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping the machine to us, and the packaging of the machine. We are not liable if the machine is improperly packed resulting in damage during transit. Please retain all the packaging together with any additional enclosures, manuals, software, as this will assist in returning the product in the correct packaging.
- The warranty covers the hardware, and we will rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time from the point it is agreed the machine has a hardware fault with our Technical Support team. Consumables such as batteries, ink, blank discs are not covered under this warranty.
- The Return to Base warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of product, and do not apply to any:
- Improper & inadequate maintenance or modification.
- Repairs carried out by non-authorised persons. Damage caused by lack of ESD protection.
- Software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by MacRefresh Ltd.
- Operation outside the product specifications.
- Physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Consumables i.e. batteries, ink cartridges, CD media, viruses or malicious software.
6. If there is no fault found or the problem has been caused by third party software, user error or physical damage and any of the reasons stated in section 5, a no fault found charge may be applied, you will be emailed and phoned to confirm this charge within 7 days of the item being tested, you will also be charged return carriage for return of your goods.
Software, purchased separately, will be supported by the manufacturer of that software and not under this warranty.
8. We will not support or re-install software that we have provided pre-installed on the system, we will also not support third party software.
9. No refunds or compensation are possible due to system failure, loss of data, loss of business, repairs or delays in repairs.
10. The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the machine and is non transferable.
11. We reserve the right to repair or replace any faulty components. Faulty goods may be replaced with factory-refurbished products.
12. The warranty is void if, there is any attempt made to repair the system by a non-authorised third party, or if the system is inadequately or improperly maintained or modified or if there are any outstanding charges. If the end user wants to upgrade please contact the Technical Support department prior to upgrading for authorisation to break any warranty seals.
13. All repairs and replacements will carry a 90 days warranty, or the original warranty balance, whichever is greater.
14. We reserve the right to replace discontinued products that are still under warranty with the nearest equivalent specification product.
15. Your warranty covers parts and labour from the date of purchase until expiry of the warranty, the length of your warranty is available on the product information page.
16. This document is not proof of purchase.
How to Reach Us
3 Riverside Park
Suffolk, IP2 8JX
Dispatch and Delivery:
We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 48 hours of payment (Monday to Friday). Items purchased over the weekend will usually be dispatched on Monday. For the entire UK, all items are delivered free of charge. Shipping to mainland Europe is also available.More Info
MacRefresh Ltd maintains full ownership of the products until full payment has been obtained.
All packages are sent from our warehouse in Ipswich. Your order will be sent within 2 working days after it has been placed. It is possible to change your order once it has been submitted however this will cause a delay in delivery time. This includes changing specification, removing an item, changing the delivery address or payment method. It is possible to cancel your order if it hasn’t been sent. Contact us and we will help you. If your order has been sent, you will have to return the products in order to receive a refund. The freight will not be refunded.
The normal delivery time from the package has left our warehouse is:
- One working day to the United Kingdom
- Three working days to Europe
- Six working days to the remaining destinations
If there is no one to sign at the address when our courier makes the delivery, a note is left in the mailbox. Another attempt to deliver will be made the next day. A total of three attempts to deliver will be made. If delivery is not possible, the package will be returned to us. When you find the courier note in your mailbox, you can contact them to arrange another delivery address if the next day is not suitable.
We accept payment via: PayPal, Card Pay (all major credit/debit cards accepted, except AMEX) or Bank Transfer
*If you wish to pay via PayPal we have to ship to the address provided in PayPal
*Payment via card will be shipped to the billing address of the card
*For payment via Bank Transfer we will raise you a Pro-Forma invoice, complete with our Bank Account details for you to send the payment.
The freight charge depends on your delivery address. Most items include free shipment to the UK and mainland Europe but this may vary.
1 x Thunderbolt
1 x SDXC Card slot
2 x USB 3.0
Whats in the box:
1 x 13″ Apple MacBook Air 5,2
1 x 45W Magsafe Charger
1 x UK Power Cable