|Condition:||Grade B - Click for more info.|
|Processor:||Dual Core i5 2.5GHz|
|Memory (RAM):||Configure up to 16GB (1600MHz)|
|Storage:||Configure up to 480GB SSD|
|Graphics:||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Operating System:||macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Warranty:||1 Year Warranty - Click for more info.|
|Delivery Time:||Next Day Delivery (48Hr Dispatch) - Click for more info.|
This Mac Mini is ASD tested and refurbished by our own in house Apple Certified Technician (ACMT) to make sure that it will work straight out of the box.
It also comes loaded with the MacOS High Sierra 10.13 (also compatible with an upgrade to Mohave 10.14) and with a free 12 month warranty which covers both parts and labour, for extra piece of mind.
All of our products are priced including 20% VAT, so you will receive a VAT invoice with every purchase from us.
The base model is 8GB / 120GB SSD, but you can configure to your own requirements using the drop-down fields to increase the RAM or have a larger SSD installed – its your choice!
Please note that the SSD’s that are installed are brand new – we do not fit reconditioned or leave the old ones in.
All of our products are priced including 20% VAT, so you will receive a VAT invoice with every purchase from us.
- Apple Mac Mini – Dual Core i5 2.5GHz – MD387LL/A
Design release 2012
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- With an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 processor, this Mac mini keeps up with computers twice its size. The dual cores of the Intel Core i5 processor can run at a stock speed of 2.5GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.1GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache, DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you’ll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 delivers up to 65 percent more pixel-pushing performance than the previous generation of integrated graphics. So the video you watch and the games you play are smoother and more responsive. Flipping through photo albums is a breeze. And you get the power you need to edit your HD video
- Storage and Memory
- This Mac mini comes upgraded from the original 5400rpm hard drive, to a super fast Solid State Drive, so you have more than enough speed to work with your photo libraries, movies, music, files and much more
- Thunderbolt technology in the Mac Mini is phenomenally fast. It features two 10-Gbps channels for data transfer. That’s up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. But beyond speed, Thunderbolt gives you unprecedented expansion capabilities. You can daisy-chain as many as six Thunderbolt devices – including two Apple Thunderbolt Displays – to a single port. And since Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, Mini DisplayPort devices like the Apple LED Cinema Display plug right in, too
- USB 3.0
- With USB 3.0 built into the Mac mini, you can connect your external hard drive and transfer large files in seconds instead of minutes. Every Mac mini comes with four USB 3.0 ports – with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 – and you can connect all your USB-compatible devices, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod or digital camera
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- The 802.11a/b/g/n wireless technology is built into every Mac Mini. It automatically locates your Wi-Fi network, so you can connect and start surfing the web, printing, and streaming your music wirelessly. Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse
- Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard & Mouse
- Plug your own display, keyboard and mouse into Mac Mini. Turn it on. And just like that, everything works together. You can mix and match it with almost anything
- It’s easy to connect Mac Mini to the biggest screen in the house – your HDTV – courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. All it takes is one HDMI cable to start enjoying movies and TV shows from iTunes, surfing the web, and flipping through your photo library, all in brilliant HD. There’s also a handy control that lets you adjust the output on Mac mini to fill even the biggest HDTV screen. And when you just want to listen to music, you can play your entire iTunes collection through your home entertainment center, or stream it to a set of speakers in any room via an AirPort Express Base Station
Battery Life & Condition
During the assessment stage of our system we use a measure we call the 80% rule. This rule is our boundary for battery replacement. Our technicians look at the full charge capacity of the laptop vs the design capacity as well as cycle count. If this falls below what we regard as less than 80% of the original battery life we fit the system with brand new battery.
How long will my battery last?
We anticipate that the minimum battery life of your system will be above 5h of general usage.
Please note this is not guaranteed as all users use their laptops in different ways. This figure is an average taken using a wide range of systems from different years.
Systems classified as grade A we regard as being as good as new. These systems show only the minor signs of use on the external casing. All screens are checked and free of any inconsistencies or imperfections.
Our B grade condition systems will include minor visible cosmetic wear. This could include cosmetic imperfections such as scratches, scuffs or dents to the body. None of the issues interfere with the functionality of the system.
Anything we consider as grade C has clearly visible cosmetic wear. This includes deeper scratches and/or dents in the casing. Screens may also include imperfections such as dead pixels or blemishes and if applicable this is clearly stated.
If you’re budget conscious a C grade system can be the ideal solution for those looking to save and still have all the benefits and functionality of the Mac.
All systems provided come in 100% full working order and with our industry leading warranty. The conditions we describe below are only in relation to the cosmetic appearance of our machines. We never supply systems with technical faults unless clearly stated in the condition description. When pricing a system the condition grade is an attributing factor and a reduction of price will be seen on lower grades.
All of our items include our industry-leading warranty with exclusive access to our support centre. With a myriad of warranty benefits your never more than a phone call away from your technical issues being solved.
The MacBank Protection Plan for your Apple Mac includes three years of hardware & software technical support as well as further service options from our in-house team.
With your purchase of our Protection Plan, you are only ever one phone call away from a trained technician ready to answer questions about your Apple Mac. As a Protection Plan customer, you’ll get priority access to our helpdesk of Apple Certified technicians.
|Standard Warranty||Protection Plan|
|Term||1 Year (unless otherwise stated).||3 Years|
|Costs||Included with your purchase.||From £99|
|Support||The warranty includes technical support from our experience Apple certified team.|
If a problem arises with your product, please contact our customer service department, and they will ensure your issue is dealt with swiftly.
|Our protection plan includes priority access to Apple Certified Experts via phone, email, live chat and internet remote access support via a secure connection.|
|Hardware & Software||If a problem occurs with your hardware or software using our collect & return service we can efficiently repair your system and return to you ready to go. If your system cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a comparable system. Repairs are performed on-site using genuine parts & software.||Your priority status continues, and your repairs are fast-tracked into our repair centre and completed first.|
|Not included||Shipping costs for repairs, packaging costs incurred by you, software installation costs, data recovery costs, data loss, water damage, fall damage and any other type of damage caused by you.||Our protection plan covers the courier cost of your first claim.|
|Details||Click here for terms and conditions.||For details about our Protection Plan click here.|
About our warranty:
These MacBank items includes our FREE 12 month return to base warranty, phone, email and remote support (If applicable) via our secure high speed internet connection.
Our warranty covers all of the components in our Mac systems, if one should fail, we will endeavour to replace or repair it at your convenience.More Info
RTB Hardware Warranty
All refurbished equipment that MacRefresh Ltd sell is covered by our standard free RTB (Return To Base) Warranty. The length of your warranty is available on the product information page and is also clearly referenced on delivery paperwork.
Should you encounter any hardware problems, please contact our Technical Support team by either calling +44 (0) 1473 551221 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your item serial number and your Invoice or Order Reference number to hand when calling or include these details in any email correspondence.
Under this warranty, MacRefresh Ltd will either repair, give a replacement of equivalent quality or refund the buyer for any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty materials or by poor workmanship, provided that:
- You must first obtain a returns reference number by calling Technical Support. Goods returned without a valid returns number will be rejected.
- Our Return to Base warranty warrants the machine to the purchaser, against defects in materials and workmanship for the period advertised on each individual machine, beginning on the date of purchase by the customer.
- Under a return to base warranty the purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping the machine to us, and the packaging of the machine. We are not liable if the machine is improperly packed resulting in damage during transit. Please retain all the packaging together with any additional enclosures, manuals, software, as this will assist in returning the product in the correct packaging.
- The warranty covers the hardware, and we will rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time from the point it is agreed the machine has a hardware fault with our Technical Support team. Consumables such as batteries, ink, blank discs are not covered under this warranty.
- The Return to Base warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of product, and do not apply to any:
- Improper & inadequate maintenance or modification.
- Repairs carried out by non-authorised persons. Damage caused by lack of ESD protection.
- Software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by MacRefresh Ltd.
- Operation outside the product specifications.
- Physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Consumables i.e. batteries, ink cartridges, CD media, viruses or malicious software.
6. If there is no fault found or the problem has been caused by third party software, user error or physical damage and any of the reasons stated in section 5, a no fault found charge may be applied, you will be emailed and phoned to confirm this charge within 7 days of the item being tested, you will also be charged return carriage for return of your goods.
Software, purchased separately, will be supported by the manufacturer of that software and not under this warranty.
8. We will not support or re-install software that we have provided pre-installed on the system, we will also not support third party software.
9. No refunds or compensation are possible due to system failure, loss of data, loss of business, repairs or delays in repairs.
10. The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the machine and is non transferable.
11. We reserve the right to repair or replace any faulty components. Faulty goods may be replaced with factory-refurbished products.
12. The warranty is void if, there is any attempt made to repair the system by a non-authorised third party, or if the system is inadequately or improperly maintained or modified or if there are any outstanding charges. If the end user wants to upgrade please contact the Technical Support department prior to upgrading for authorisation to break any warranty seals.
13. All repairs and replacements will carry a 90 days warranty, or the original warranty balance, whichever is greater.
14. We reserve the right to replace discontinued products that are still under warranty with the nearest equivalent specification product.
15. Your warranty covers parts and labour from the date of purchase until expiry of the warranty, the length of your warranty is available on the product information page.
16. This document is not proof of purchase.
How to Reach Us
3 Riverside Park
Suffolk, IP2 8JX
Dispatch and Delivery:
We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 48 hours of payment (Monday to Friday). Items purchased over the weekend will usually be dispatched on Monday. For the entire UK, all items are delivered free of charge. Shipping to mainland Europe is also available.More Info
MacRefresh Ltd maintains full ownership of the products until full payment has been obtained.
All packages are sent from our warehouse in Ipswich. Your order will be sent within 2 working days after it has been placed. It is possible to change your order once it has been submitted however this will cause a delay in delivery time. This includes changing specification, removing an item, changing the delivery address or payment method. It is possible to cancel your order if it hasn’t been sent. Contact us and we will help you. If your order has been sent, you will have to return the products in order to receive a refund. The freight will not be refunded.
The normal delivery time from the package has left our warehouse is:
- One working day to the United Kingdom
- Three working days to Europe
- Six working days to the remaining destinations
If there is no one to sign at the address when our courier makes the delivery, a note is left in the mailbox. Another attempt to deliver will be made the next day. A total of three attempts to deliver will be made. If delivery is not possible, the package will be returned to us. When you find the courier note in your mailbox, you can contact them to arrange another delivery address if the next day is not suitable.
We accept payment via: PayPal, Card Pay (all major credit/debit cards accepted, except AMEX) or Bank Transfer
*If you wish to pay via PayPal we have to ship to the address provided in PayPal
*Payment via card will be shipped to the billing address of the card
*For payment via Bank Transfer we will raise you a Pro-Forma invoice, complete with our Bank Account details for you to send the payment.
The freight charge depends on your delivery address. Most items include free shipment to the UK and mainland Europe but this may vary.
1 x Ethernet
1 x FireWire 800
1 x HDMI
1 x Thunderbolt Port
1 x SDXC Card slot
4 x USB 3.0
Whats in the box:
1 x Apple Mac Mini 6,1
1 x UK Power Cable
Memory or ‘RAM’ is the short-term memory of your computer. Anything currently running on the computer will be using your RAM. Every safari page, word document and mail application uses a small amount. More advanced users who use professional applications will require more RAM.
Here is what we recommend:
The amount of storage you need depends on what you plan on storing on your system. For non-professional users, we recommend 500GB as a healthy amount. Having a good amount of storage allows for plenty of space for photos, videos, documents and other data you will collect over the lifetime of the system. If you’re not an avid user of your computer, then 250-320GB can be all you need.
For professional users, we recommend increasing that amount. Once you start loading your music, samples, photos and videos, you can find that your drive will fill up fairly quickly if you’re not careful. Not to mention when you start creating projects, producing or editing and you add all the data associated. At minimum 500GB is recommend and if budget allows 1TB is ideal. In certain cases more may be necessary, if you’re not sure please contact our team.
An SSD or solid state drive is the next generation in storage. They are twice the speed of a conventional HDD (Hard Disk Drive). They also contain no moving parts and are therefore safer and less likely to fail.
Why you would pick an SSD over a HDD;
- – Faster load time of the system and files.
- – High bandwidth (Allows you too load more at once).
- – More responsive system (Applications will load quicker and perform actions faster).
Why you would pick a HDD over an SSD;
- – More cost effective (SSDs can be expensive, especially at higher volumes).
- – Larger sizes (You can get much larger HDDs than you can SSDs).
- – Speed is not required (If you only use your computer for basic functions such as email or watching films the speed isn’t needed).