Intel Quad Core i7 2.2Ghz Processor (i7-2720QM)
With Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
17" Widescreen 1920x1200 LED Backlit TFT
Dual GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD Graphics 3000
Variable SSD / HDD options - all installed new
8X DL SuperDrive
Bluetooth & Wifi
macOS High Sierra 10.13
This rare 17 inch MacBook has been fully ASD tested and reconditioned by our team of Apple Certified Technicians to work straight from the box.
The Intel Quad Core i7 processor & Dual GPU make these MacBook Pro’s powerful tools for creative professionals, such as web designers, photographers and graphic designers working with applications such as Logic Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, Premier Pro, Abode suite, Lightroom, Final Cut X and Photoshop effortlessly.
They are in simply incredible condition and work superbly, supplied with a fresh installation of macOS High Sierra 10.13 and a 12 month warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
We offer a wide range of solutions for storage / RAM configuration and our ACMT qualified technicians can also install older versions of OS X, should you require!
The base model is 8GB / 1TB HDD, but you can configure to your own requirements using the drop-down fields to increase the RAM or have a larger HDD or even have a SSD installed – its your choice!
If you need something even more niche than we are offering – such as having the optical drive removed and having both an SSD & a HDD installed – get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
In addition, all purchases from MacBank are supplied with a full 20% VAT inclusive invoice.
Memory or ‘RAM’ is the short-term memory of your computer. Anything currently running on the computer will be using your RAM. Every safari page, word document and mail application uses a small amount. More advanced users who use professional applications will require more RAM.
Here is what we recommend:
The amount of storage you need depends on what you plan on storing on your system. For non-professional users, we recommend 500GB as a healthy amount. Having a good amount of storage allows for plenty of space for photos, videos, documents and other data you will collect over the lifetime of the system. If you’re not an avid user of your computer, then 250-320GB can be all you need.
For professional users, we recommend increasing that amount. Once you start loading your music, samples, photos and videos, you can find that your drive will fill up fairly quickly if you’re not careful. Not to mention when you start creating projects, producing or editing and you add all the data associated. At minimum 500GB is recommend and if budget allows 1TB is ideal. In certain cases more may be necessary, if you’re not sure please contact our team.
An SSD or solid state drive is the next generation in storage. They are twice the speed of a conventional HDD (Hard Disk Drive). They also contain no moving parts and are therefore safer and less likely to fail.
Why you would pick an SSD over a HDD;
- – Faster load time of the system and files.
- – High bandwidth (Allows you too load more at once).
- – More responsive system (Applications will load quicker and perform actions faster).
Why you would pick a HDD over an SSD;
- – More cost effective (SSDs can be expensive, especially at higher volumes).
- – Larger sizes (You can get much larger HDDs than you can SSDs).
- – Speed is not required (If you only use your computer for basic functions such as email or watching films the speed isn’t needed).
|The MacBook Pro MC725LL/A “Core i7” 2.2 17-Inch features a 32 nm “Sandy Bridge” 2.2 GHz Intel “Core i7” processor (2720QM), with four independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600), Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL “SuperDrive”, dual graphics processors — an AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor that shares 384 MB of memory with the system — and an integrated FaceTime HD webcam.
Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, a Firewire “800” port, three USB 2.0 ports, separate audio in and out ports, an ExpressCard/34 expansion slot, and a new “Thunderbolt” port that is backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, likewise, supports an external display at 2560×1600 and passes an audio signal. Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
|Product Family||MacBook Pro|
|Model ID||MacBookPro 8,3|
|Processor Type||Intel Core i7 (i7-2720QM)|
|Processor Speed||2.2GHz with Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz|
|Number of Cores||Quad-Core|
|Display Max. Resolution||1920 x 1200|
|Security Features||Kensington Lock Slot, Slot For Cable Lock|
|Expansion Ports||3 x USB 2.0, Thunderbolt, FireWire 800, RJ-45 (NIC), VGA out|
|Expandability||1 x PCMCIA Card Slot (ExpressCard/34)|
|Special Features||Integrated Video Camera, MagSafe Power Adapter Port|
|Hard Drive Capacity||1TB|
|Hard Drive Rotation Speed||5400RPM|
|Storage Controller Type||Serial ATA|
|RAM Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Max Supported RAM||16GB|
|Installed Cache Memory||6144 KB|
|CD / DVD|
|Optical Drive Type||DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW|
|Graphic Processor||AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Installed Video Memory||1GB & 384MB|
|Networking Type||Bluetooth, Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card, Integrated Wireless LAN|
|Data Link Protocol||AirPort Extreme, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wi-Fi|
|Battery Run Time||Up to 8 Hours|
|Battery Technology||Lithium polymer|
|Release Date||Early 2011|
|Input Method||Keyboard, Remote Control, Trackpad|
About our warranty:
These MacBank items includes our FREE 12 month return to base warranty, phone, email and remote support (If applicable) via our secure high speed internet connection.
Our warranty covers all of the components in our Mac systems, if one should fail, we will endeavour to replace or repair it at your convenience.More Info
RTB Hardware Warranty
All refurbished equipment that MacRefresh Ltd sell is covered by our standard free RTB (Return To Base) Warranty. The length of your warranty is available on the product information page and is also clearly referenced on delivery paperwork.
Should you encounter any hardware problems, please contact our Technical Support team by either calling +44 (0) 1473 551221 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your item serial number and your Invoice or Order Reference number to hand when calling or include these details in any email correspondence.
Under this warranty, MacRefresh Ltd will either repair, give a replacement of equivalent quality or refund the buyer for any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty materials or by poor workmanship, provided that:
- You must first obtain a returns reference number by calling Technical Support. Goods returned without a valid returns number will be rejected.
- Our Return to Base warranty warrants the machine to the purchaser, against defects in materials and workmanship for the period advertised on each individual machine, beginning on the date of purchase by the customer.
- Under a return to base warranty the purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping the machine to us, and the packaging of the machine. We are not liable if the machine is improperly packed resulting in damage during transit. Please retain all the packaging together with any additional enclosures, manuals, software, as this will assist in returning the product in the correct packaging.
- The warranty covers the hardware, and we will rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time from the point it is agreed the machine has a hardware fault with our Technical Support team. Consumables such as batteries, ink, blank discs are not covered under this warranty.
- The Return to Base warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of product, and do not apply to any:
- Improper & inadequate maintenance or modification.
- Repairs carried out by non-authorised persons. Damage caused by lack of ESD protection.
- Software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by MacRefresh Ltd.
- Operation outside the product specifications.
- Physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Consumables i.e. batteries, ink cartridges, CD media, viruses or malicious software.
6. If there is no fault found or the problem has been caused by third party software, user error or physical damage and any of the reasons stated in section 5, a no fault found charge may be applied, you will be emailed and phoned to confirm this charge within 7 days of the item being tested, you will also be charged return carriage for return of your goods.
Software, purchased separately, will be supported by the manufacturer of that software and not under this warranty.
8. We will not support or re-install software that we have provided pre-installed on the system, we will also not support third party software.
9. No refunds or compensation are possible due to system failure, loss of data, loss of business, repairs or delays in repairs.
10. The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the machine and is non transferable.
11. We reserve the right to repair or replace any faulty components. Faulty goods may be replaced with factory-refurbished products.
12. The warranty is void if, there is any attempt made to repair the system by a non-authorised third party, or if the system is inadequately or improperly maintained or modified or if there are any outstanding charges. If the end user wants to upgrade please contact the Technical Support department prior to upgrading for authorisation to break any warranty seals.
13. All repairs and replacements will carry a 90 days warranty, or the original warranty balance, whichever is greater.
14. We reserve the right to replace discontinued products that are still under warranty with the nearest equivalent specification product.
15. Your warranty covers parts and labour from the date of purchase until expiry of the warranty, the length of your warranty is available on the product information page.
16. This document is not proof of purchase.
How to Reach Us
3 Riverside Park
Suffolk, IP2 8JX
Dispatch and Delivery:
We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 48 hours of payment (Monday to Friday). Items purchased over the weekend will usually be dispatched on Monday. For the entire UK, all items are delivered free of charge. Shipping to mainland Europe is also available.More Info
MacRefresh Ltd maintains full ownership of the products until full payment has been obtained.
All packages are sent from our warehouse in Ipswich. Your order will be sent within 2 working days after it has been placed. It is possible to change your order once it has been submitted however this will cause a delay in delivery time. This includes changing specification, removing an item, changing the delivery address or payment method. It is possible to cancel your order if it hasn’t been sent. Contact us and we will help you. If your order has been sent, you will have to return the products in order to receive a refund. The freight will not be refunded.
The normal delivery time from the package has left our warehouse is:
- One working day to the United Kingdom
- Three working days to Europe
- Six working days to the remaining destinations
If there is no one to sign at the address when our courier makes the delivery, a note is left in the mailbox. Another attempt to deliver will be made the next day. A total of three attempts to deliver will be made. If delivery is not possible, the package will be returned to us. When you find the courier note in your mailbox, you can contact them to arrange another delivery address if the next day is not suitable.
We accept payment via: PayPal, Card Pay (all major credit/debit cards accepted, except AMEX) or Bank Transfer
*If you wish to pay via PayPal we have to ship to the address provided in PayPal
*Payment via card will be shipped to the billing address of the card
*For payment via Bank Transfer we will raise you a Pro-Forma invoice, complete with our Bank Account details for you to send the payment.
The freight charge depends on your delivery address. Most items include free shipment to the UK and mainland Europe but this may vary.
1 x Thunderbolt
3 x USB 2.0
1 x FireWire 800
1 x Ethernet
Whats in the box:
1 x 17″ Apple MacBook Pro 8,3
1 x 85W Magsafe Charger
1 x UK Power Cable
13" MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro
15" MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro