Intel Core i7 Quad 2.0Ghz Processor (I7-2635QM)
Supports Turbo Boost 2.0 and will boost to 2.9Ghz
15.4" Widescreen 1440x900 LED Backlit Display
Radeon HD6490M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Dual GPU's
Bluetooth & Wifi
Variable SSD / HDD options - all installed new
Cosmetic condition of this unit is Grade B - excellent operation condition, just some minor scuffs / scratches to the external casing.
macOS High Sierra 10.13
This MacBook Pro is ASD tested and refurbished by our own in house Apple Certified Technician (ACMT) to make sure that it will work straight out of the box.
It is supplied loaded with the latest macOS High Sierra 10.13 and with a free 12 month warranty which covers both parts and labour, for extra piece of mind.
The Intel Quad Core i7 processor & Dual GPU make these MacBook Pro’s powerful tools for creative professionals, such as web designers, photographers and graphic designers working with applications such as Logic Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, Premier Pro, Abode suite, Lightroom, Final Cut X and Photoshop effortlessly.
The base model is 8GB / 1TB HDD, but you can configure to your own requirements using the drop-down fields to increase the RAM or have a larger HDD or even have a SSD installed – its your choice!
Please also note that the SSD / HDD that you select to install will be a new unit, not the old, pre-existing one or a refurbished one, to give your unit that extra “works like new” touch.
All purchases from MacBank are supplied including 20% VAT in the price – invoice supplied with every purchase.
Memory or ‘RAM’ is the short-term memory of your computer. Anything currently running on the computer will be using your RAM. Every safari page, word document and mail application uses a small amount. More advanced users who use professional applications will require more RAM.
Here is what we recommend:
The amount of storage you need depends on what you plan on storing on your system. For non-professional users, we recommend 500GB as a healthy amount. Having a good amount of storage allows for plenty of space for photos, videos, documents and other data you will collect over the lifetime of the system. If you’re not an avid user of your computer, then 250-320GB can be all you need.
For professional users, we recommend increasing that amount. Once you start loading your music, samples, photos and videos, you can find that your drive will fill up fairly quickly if you’re not careful. Not to mention when you start creating projects, producing or editing and you add all the data associated. At minimum 500GB is recommend and if budget allows 1TB is ideal. In certain cases more may be necessary, if you’re not sure please contact our team.
An SSD or solid state drive is the next generation in storage. They are twice the speed of a conventional HDD (Hard Disk Drive). They also contain no moving parts and are therefore safer and less likely to fail.
Why you would pick an SSD over a HDD;
- – Faster load time of the system and files.
- – High bandwidth (Allows you too load more at once).
- – More responsive system (Applications will load quicker and perform actions faster).
Why you would pick a HDD over an SSD;
- – More cost effective (SSDs can be expensive, especially at higher volumes).
- – Larger sizes (You can get much larger HDDs than you can SSDs).
- – Speed is not required (If you only use your computer for basic functions such as email or watching films the speed isn’t needed).
|The Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A A1286 “Core i7” 2.0 15-Inch (Early 2011/Thunderbolt) features a 32 nm “Sandy Bridge” 2.0 GHz Intel “Core i7” processor (2635QM), with four independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 4 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600), a Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL “SuperDrive”, dual graphics processors — an AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor that shares 384 MB of memory with the system — and an integrated FaceTime HD webcam.
This model has an LED-backlit 15.4″ widescreen TFT active-matrix “glossy” display (1440×900 native resolution).
Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, a Firewire “800” port, two USB 2.0 ports, separate audio in and out ports, an SDXC card slot, and a new “Thunderbolt” port that is backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, likewise, supports an external display at 2560×1600 and passes an audio signal.Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
|Product Family||MacBook Pro 8,2|
|Processor Type||Intel Core i7|
|Processor Speed||2.0GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 to 2.9GHz|
|Number of Cores||Quad-Core|
|Display Max. Resolution||1440 x 900|
|Security Features||Kensington Lock Slot|
|Expansion Ports||1 x IEEE 1394b (FireWire 800), 2 x USB 2.0, FireWire 800, HDMI, RJ-45 (NIC), Thunderbolt Port|
|Expandability||1 x SDXC Card Slot|
|Special Features||Integrated Video Camera, MagSafe Power Adapter Port|
|Hard Drive Capacity||1TB|
|Hard Drive Speed||5400 RPM|
|RAM Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Max Supported RAM||16GB|
|Graphic Processors||Radeon HD6750M and Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Installed Video Memory||256MB & 384MB|
|Audio Output Type||Headphones, Speaker(s)|
|Audio Input Type||Integrated Microphone, Microphone|
|Networking Type||Bluetooth, Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card, Integrated Wireless LAN, Network Adapter|
|Data Link Protocol||Bluetooth, Bluetooth 4.0, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n|
|Battery Run Time||Up to 7 Hours|
|Battery Technology||Lithium polymer|
|Release Date||Early, 2011|
|Input Method||Keyboard, Trackpad|
About our warranty:
These MacBank items includes our FREE 12 month return to base warranty, phone, email and remote support (If applicable) via our secure high speed internet connection.
Our warranty covers all of the components in our Mac systems, if one should fail, we will endeavour to replace or repair it at your convenience.More Info
RTB Hardware Warranty
All refurbished equipment that MacRefresh Ltd sell is covered by our standard free RTB (Return To Base) Warranty. The length of your warranty is available on the product information page and is also clearly referenced on delivery paperwork.
Should you encounter any hardware problems, please contact our Technical Support team by either calling +44 (0) 1473 551221 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your item serial number and your Invoice or Order Reference number to hand when calling or include these details in any email correspondence.
Under this warranty, MacRefresh Ltd will either repair, give a replacement of equivalent quality or refund the buyer for any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty materials or by poor workmanship, provided that:
- You must first obtain a returns reference number by calling Technical Support. Goods returned without a valid returns number will be rejected.
- Our Return to Base warranty warrants the machine to the purchaser, against defects in materials and workmanship for the period advertised on each individual machine, beginning on the date of purchase by the customer.
- Under a return to base warranty the purchaser is responsible for the cost of shipping the machine to us, and the packaging of the machine. We are not liable if the machine is improperly packed resulting in damage during transit. Please retain all the packaging together with any additional enclosures, manuals, software, as this will assist in returning the product in the correct packaging.
- The warranty covers the hardware, and we will rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time from the point it is agreed the machine has a hardware fault with our Technical Support team. Consumables such as batteries, ink, blank discs are not covered under this warranty.
- The Return to Base warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of product, and do not apply to any:
- Improper & inadequate maintenance or modification.
- Repairs carried out by non-authorised persons. Damage caused by lack of ESD protection.
- Software, interfacing, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by MacRefresh Ltd.
- Operation outside the product specifications.
- Physical damage, accidental damage, neglect, or user abuse.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Consumables i.e. batteries, ink cartridges, CD media, viruses or malicious software.
6. If there is no fault found or the problem has been caused by third party software, user error or physical damage and any of the reasons stated in section 5, a no fault found charge may be applied, you will be emailed and phoned to confirm this charge within 7 days of the item being tested, you will also be charged return carriage for return of your goods.
Software, purchased separately, will be supported by the manufacturer of that software and not under this warranty.
8. We will not support or re-install software that we have provided pre-installed on the system, we will also not support third party software.
9. No refunds or compensation are possible due to system failure, loss of data, loss of business, repairs or delays in repairs.
10. The warranty applies to the original purchaser of the machine and is non transferable.
11. We reserve the right to repair or replace any faulty components. Faulty goods may be replaced with factory-refurbished products.
12. The warranty is void if, there is any attempt made to repair the system by a non-authorised third party, or if the system is inadequately or improperly maintained or modified or if there are any outstanding charges. If the end user wants to upgrade please contact the Technical Support department prior to upgrading for authorisation to break any warranty seals.
13. All repairs and replacements will carry a 90 days warranty, or the original warranty balance, whichever is greater.
14. We reserve the right to replace discontinued products that are still under warranty with the nearest equivalent specification product.
15. Your warranty covers parts and labour from the date of purchase until expiry of the warranty, the length of your warranty is available on the product information page.
16. This document is not proof of purchase.
How to Reach Us
3 Riverside Park
Suffolk, IP2 8JX
Dispatch and Delivery:
We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 48 hours of payment (Monday to Friday). Items purchased over the weekend will usually be dispatched on Monday. For the entire UK, all items are delivered free of charge. Shipping to mainland Europe is also available.More Info
MacRefresh Ltd maintains full ownership of the products until full payment has been obtained.
All packages are sent from our warehouse in Ipswich. Your order will be sent within 2 working days after it has been placed. It is possible to change your order once it has been submitted however this will cause a delay in delivery time. This includes changing specification, removing an item, changing the delivery address or payment method. It is possible to cancel your order if it hasn’t been sent. Contact us and we will help you. If your order has been sent, you will have to return the products in order to receive a refund. The freight will not be refunded.
The normal delivery time from the package has left our warehouse is:
- One working day to the United Kingdom
- Three working days to Europe
- Six working days to the remaining destinations
If there is no one to sign at the address when our courier makes the delivery, a note is left in the mailbox. Another attempt to deliver will be made the next day. A total of three attempts to deliver will be made. If delivery is not possible, the package will be returned to us. When you find the courier note in your mailbox, you can contact them to arrange another delivery address if the next day is not suitable.
We accept payment via: PayPal, Card Pay (all major credit/debit cards accepted, except AMEX) or Bank Transfer
*If you wish to pay via PayPal we have to ship to the address provided in PayPal
*Payment via card will be shipped to the billing address of the card
*For payment via Bank Transfer we will raise you a Pro-Forma invoice, complete with our Bank Account details for you to send the payment.
The freight charge depends on your delivery address. Most items include free shipment to the UK and mainland Europe but this may vary.
1 x Thunderbolt
2 x USB 2.0
1 x FireWire
1 x Ethernet
Whats in the box:
1 x 15″ Apple MacBook Pro 8,2
1 x Magsafe Charger
1 x UK Power Cable
13" MacBook Pro, MacBook ProFrom: £499.00
13" MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro
13" MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro
13" MacBook Pro, 13" Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro, Retina MacBook Pro